Dog Taxi Owner Liability Waiver and Health Certification
I understand that Dog Taxi is not responsible for anything that happens to my dog that could, just as easily, occur at a dog park or the house of a friend or family member.
I, hereby certify that my dog is in good health and has not been ill with any communicable condition in the last 30 days. I further certify that I will inform Dog Taxi in writing in advance of my dog’s stay if my dog has harmed or shown aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog. I have read and understand the following:
1. I hereby verify the accuracy of all verbal and written information provided about my dog. However, I accept that Dog Taxi is only responsible for information clearly provided in writing.
2. I am the owner or guardian of the dog described by the dog profile free and clear of any liens or encumbrances.
3. I understand that the City of Vancouver requires, via their by-laws, that all dogs be licensed. If the dog I leave in the care of Dog Taxi is not licensed, I accept full responsibility, including any and all fines, and/or apprehension of the dog by Animal Control Officers. Also, I acknowledge that Dog Taxi will not at all be able to take my unlicensed dog out of its premises.
4. I certify that my dog’s vaccines (esp. bordatello, parvo, canine distemper, parainfluenza) are current.
5. Dog Taxi agrees to exercise reasonable care of my dog during it’s stay and, if applicable, during transport.
6. I recognize the right of Dog Taxi to decide when it is safe and appropriate to walk my dog.
7. Dog Taxi will take precautions to prevent dogs from running away from their vehicles or property but dogs are clever and their behavior cannot be perfectly controlled at all times. I will not hold Dog Taxi responsible if my dog finds a way to flee their premises during care or automobiles during transportation.
8. Dog Taxi has staff photographers, is active on social media and must necessarily market itself. I recognize that my dog may be photographed or videoed and that these photos are the sole property of Dog Taxi. I acknowledge that Dog Taxi will have rights to publish these in any media they see fit for any socially responsible reason they wish.
9. I understand that I am solely and wholly responsible for any harm caused by my dog whilst in the care of Dog Taxi. As such, I agree to pay for any required repairs, veterinary bills or medical costs resulting from my dog damaging Dog Taxi property and/or injuring another dog or a member of Dog Taxi’s staff.
If Dog Taxi staff determines that it is necessary, for safety reasons, to muzzle my dog I consent and agree in advance to the muzzling of my dog. Also, I am aware and I accept that sprayed water, muzzles, a commanding voice, leashes and a pinch collar might be used for training purposes and/or to ensure the safety of other dogs and people. Dog Taxi staff may, at any time, remove a dog from daycare if he/she exhibits behavior that could be harmful to other dogs or staff.
10. I further understand and agree that Dog Taxi and its staff will exercise due diligence and reasonable care while looking after my pet, and will not be liable for any problems that may arise. I hereby release Dog Taxi of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from my dog’s attendance and participation with Dog Taxi.
11. I will provide Dog Taxi with food for my dog and any necessary medication. I certify that all of the food I bring to Dog Taxi’s property will be in good condition, not past its best before date and that my dog has consumed this type of food in the past. I accept that Dog Taxi may alter my dog’s diet if they decide it is necessary for any reason. Dog Taxi staff will consult me, if at all possible, prior to any diet change.
12. If I bring or provide anything else, such as carriers or leashes, to Dog Taxi other than my dog and her or his food and medication, I will not hold Dog Taxi responsible for any damage, loss of or costs associated with the maintenance of these items.
13. I am aware and I concede that the staff of Dog Taxi will train and socialize my dog and that, as a consequence, my dog might get wet and/or dirty and that his or her behavior may change. I will not hold Dog Taxi liable for damage to my property caused by my dog being wet or dirty. We do provide washes and grooming as an additional service.
14. If my dog is unspade or unneutered I know that there is a risk of inadvertent pregnancy. As fatherhood cannot always be cheaply and easily determined, if I am the owner of the pregnant dog I will take full responsibility for any resulting puppies and associated health care costs.
15. Dog Taxi cares deeply about the wellbeing of our charges and we look after them to the best of our ability, however, accidents and illnesses can happen, just as they do at a park or at someone’s house. We have stairs the dogs must be able to navigate and we have other dogs with which yours will interact etc. Therefore, you must agree to the following:
a. Whilst Dog Taxi makes every reasonable effort to ensure the dogs in our care are healthy and happy, I understand that Dog Taxi are not veterinarians and do not have backgrounds in animal medicine and, thereby, are not responsible for detecting or diagnosing illness or injury.
b. I understand that dogs can sometimes be injured or become ill at daycare or in transportation. I accept that if Dog Taxi staff deem immediate veterinary care to be necessary, Dog Taxi will transport the animal to a veterinary clinic and attempt to reach the owner while the animal is in transit. If the owner is unreachable, Dog Taxi will have the veterinarian proceed with any treatment required. Owners will assume all financial responsibility for veterinary treatment.
c. I accept that Dog Taxi is not in any way responsible for any injury, stress or illness my dog may suffer whilst under Dog Taxi’s care or whilst being transported by Dog Taxi. I will not hold Dog Taxi liable, financially or legally for any physical, mental or health issues during or as a result of her or his stay at Dog Taxi or whilst being transported by Dog Taxi. This includes, but is not limited to dog bites, minor cuts and scratches, bone breakages, tissue damage, joint problems, weight loss or gain, disease, fleas, ticks, stress, kennel cough or diarrhea.
d. Due to the danger of scratches and minor injuries when many dogs interact and play, short & blunt nails are unnecessary. I understand that if my dog’s nails present a health hazard to my dog or to others Dog Taxi will clip my dog’s nails at my expense ($15).
e. If my dog should die for any reason including but not limited to old age, injury, accident or disease I will not hold Dog Taxi responsible.
f. I agree that if any fleas or ticks are discovered on my dog during check-in, or at any time during my dog’s stay, Dog Taxi will have a veterinarian administer a flea bath at the owner’s expense.
g. I further understand that if my dog bites another dog and that dog requires veterinary attention then I will assume all financial responsibility for veterinary treatment of the dog that was bitten.
As a living, behaving, instinctual, emotional and thinking being a dog is not always predictable and may suffer all of the positive and negative effects that come from being alive. Hence, Dog Taxi strongly encourages you to have pet insurance.
Lastly, I understand that by creating a dog profile that I have read and agreed to everything above.